12/31/12

Farewell 2012

2012 you came and went by so quickly, I will miss you terribly.  This was such an amazing year for us and never in my life have I looked back on a year and thought this was everything I wanted, except for 2012.  So much happened and so much changed that I think I became my own person this year.  I found who I was and stood on my own.  I am proud of who I became this year and I wouldn't change anything that happened.    January of 2012 was exciting because Jason and I were sealed for time and eternity.  I can't believe that I was so blessed to find him on this earth and not only him but that he is the best father to our children.  I went through the temple with my two sisters by my side and what an amazing experience that was.  I didn't think the temple was something I could ever expect to see in this life or to experience.  Yet we made it.  I remember speaking to one of the women in the temple with my sister Kimberly by my side and I started crying.  The temple worker asked why I was crying and I said because this was what I had always wanted and never thought could happen.   Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be married in the temple and there I was that little girl getting ready to make sacred covenants and to be sealed to my husband and children for eternity.  I was so honored to have Kimberly right there with me holding my hand and truly it was everything I imagined.  The sealing was just as beautiful when my other sister Carrie brought up Elliot and we all knelt together as a family knowing this was forever.  Elliot was quiet through the whole thing and having Carrie there to be his support it was everything I loved.
Jason and I both started college this year and what an experience that has become.  I love knowing that I am a stay at home mom and going to school full time while maintaining an A average.  I love knowing my husband is a full time student full time dad and full time worker maintaining an A average, he is incredible I know!  We wanted better for our children and we wanted them to know that nothing can stop you but yourself.  Education is so important whether you are young or old GO TO SCHOOL you will never regret it.  Jason discovered he wanted to become a psychologist this year, he wants to help the severely mentally ill and reading about that future excites him like no other career has.  I discovered that I want to go into holistic medicine, yes I know I am a hippie but isn't it amazing what life can do for us?  Yes I think you need a healthy balance of modern medicine and holistic medicine to get through this insane life.
April my big brother Jeff was married to Amber.  The trip down there to see him was not what I expected and I missed Jason everyday.  I loved seeing Jeff and when he saw Amber coming down the isle he was so proud and so happy.  I have never seen him that happy with any one in my life, his love for her beams from every part of him.  I cried seeing them together because it was the beginning of a new chapter-we are all married now.  We all have our own lives and our own experiences, I love Jeff so much.  He is my big brother he is who I have the most memories with growing up.  I remember jumping on the trampoline with him, swimming, being pushed off the roof into the pool(haha), I remember staying up late watching Tales from the Crypt with all the lights off in the house.  Jeff was my best friend when I was little and seeing him married preparing to start his life with such an amazing supportive woman I couldn't have been happier to see them together.
June brought birthdays and I watched as Elliot turned from a baby to a little boy.  I saw him grow and change, I saw him becoming a person as I like to say.  He developed his own sense of humor, an imagination, he peed in the potty!  June was wonderful and July brought just as many as blessings.  Jude was brought to us via c-section and although that was not what we wanted- we are both healthy which is what matters.  I can still see Jason bringing in Elliot to show him his new little brother and immediately the love that Elliot felt for Jude it still makes me cry.  Elliot wouldn't let anyone hold Jude but me because he was my baby and now Elliot was a big brother.  He still loves Jude and is just as protective.  Whenever we go any where Elliot asks where Jude is and if there are other children around Jude Elliot goes right over to make sure he is safe.  I love seeing Elliot as a big brother but also as a loving child, he is so special and so tender he makes my heart sing.
August Andy and Tori got married.  Another brother was off starting his own life with a wonderful woman who brightens his life.  The wedding was beautiful and corky just like the two of them with Star Wars mentions, lots of dancing, and lots of love.  Everyone who attended the wedding couldn't help but enjoy themselves as they danced and enjoyed one another's company.  Elliot was a big hit at the wedding pulling everyone out of their seats to dance, he sure loves to make people happy.  We danced the night away and watched as Andy and Tori shared their love with everyone there.  It was such a happy evening and I remember talking to Jason when Andy said he was going to ask a girl out at work.  We laughed and both said he would end up getting married to her--guess we were right.  Tori is so wonderful and full of life and laughter, she is a nice addition to the Simmons family.  She makes Andy overwhelmingly happy and you can tell that every time you see them together.
The rest of the year has gone by so quickly that it is hard to figure out what to mention and not.  We made wonderful friends with so many people especially our close friends the Robbins.  Cecilia and Nathan are just magical, they understand us and love us.  They laugh with us and are the best kind of people to have as friends because they just get it.  I can't really describe what they have done for Jason and I these past six months of knowing them but I do know that they hold a very special place in our hearts.  We are so blessed to have them in our lives and we know that Heavenly Father sent them to us.  I, especially, am grateful for the things that they have taught us and the immense love we feel from them.  I know I keep mentioning love but truly their love is one of a kind.  They saved us in a way and showed us a new life with new possibilities.  They gave us hope and they gave us understanding.  They are truly a gift from above, I would do anything for them.
I know that I am excited to see what 2013 has in store for us.  We are planning to list the house in May and hopefully move to Utah by the beginning of August.  I can't wait for that next adventure of our life and mostly I can't wait to see how our family grows and changes this year.  We will be on our own and living our own life, it is so exciting and we have so much to look forward to.  Jason and I prepare to start a new journey as new people.  There are certain things I want to do this year.  So here are my New Years Resolutions.
1-Do one thing I have pinned on pinterest a day(365 days of pins)
2-Read the Book of Mormon
3-Pray regularly and with a pure heart
These are things that I can do and things that I am in charge of.  The gospel is my foundation and brings me peace every day.  When I am sad I know that I should not be discouraged for God is always with me.  He brings me up, he loves me, he supports me, and he most importantly hears me.  I love this church, I love my life, I love my husband and my two boys, I love my family, and I love that I have been blessed with the beginning of a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.