Emerson Hall Simmons was born September 11, 2014 at 8:39 am. He was 7lbs 8oz and 22 inches
 |
| Emerson is here! |
 |
| Look how sweet he is! |
We decided right away that I would have a repeat c-section with Emerson because of the scary complications that happened and almost happened during my labor with Jude. It was also really nice because we were able to plan everything. The day before Jason's parents came down since we had to be at the hospital around 4 or 5 am. There were some pretty specific instructions about what to do before getting to the hospital it was so exciting. We had to wash all our bedding, sleep without our cat, make sure in the morning we both had showered from head to toe with a non perfumed soap. The list was a little extreme haha.
 |
| Uh-oh! |
When we got there in the morning we were put into a tiny little room to get all checked in and get my IV started. It took about an hour before really anything started to happen. The nurse came in and started to do my IV. This took forever unfortunately. Pregnant veins are super hard to poke and I had her try it on my left arm and she eventually blew the vein. It wasn't fun. Of course they put my IV in my hand because that is where it always goes!
 |
| Holding him for the first time |
Once we got the IV in we waited another little while until we were headed into the operating room. This is where I got really nervous. After my birth experience with Jude I was so scared that my spinal tap wasn't going to work. The anesthesiologist assured me he was going to do everything to make it work. It is also really weird to get a spinal block because they just put you in a room full of strangers and you have to hold onto to the nurse while the stick a super long scary needle into your back. As I laid down waiting for it to work I started to cry because it was only numb on one portion of my body. He told me to give it a little bit of time and within 10 minutes my entire lower body was numb. I still had complete use of my head and arms but everything else was numb--it was incredible. I was so happy I couldn't stop thanking the anesthesiologist. They brought in Jason shortly after that and we just talked and waited around for the doctor to get there. When the doctor came Jason and I each had a headphone in playing the song "The Wolves and The Ravens" by Rogue Valley. It was so soothing I didn't even think about anything else happening around me.
 |
| Meeting Daddy |
 |
| My three boys! |
Then within minutes we heard Emerson cry for the first time. It was so beautiful. He was here and he was healthy and happy. That first cry gets me every time. After they took him out Jason immediately started taking pictures and they brought Emerson over to me. He was still covered in goo but we had that immediate skin to skin connection. It was beautiful. I cried because it was the first time I had ever got to experience that with any of my boys. Holding Emerson immediately it was so warm and sweet. He didn't cry at all. Jason and I held him the entire time they finished my surgery and we went into the recovery room.
 |
| Snuggles for Jude |
 |
| So excited! |
Once we were in the recovery room I got sick a few times and my heart rate was a little messed up. They gave me some medicine for the vomiting and decided my heart issue was due to the soda I drank the day before--haha don't drink soda guys! Emerson was here and life was awesome. The boys came over around 11 to meet Emerson. It was so fun to see the boys with Emerson. They were so gentle and kind. They just couldn't get enough of his sweet face :)
 |
| Snuggled in bed with mom |
We decided on the name Emerson Hall--Hall after my brother Jeff. The name Emerson actually came around because our good friends Nathan and Cecilia asked us which name we liked better for their baby. They had two names Emerson or Everett and we both said Emerson was better. We couldn't get it out of our heads and of course asked them if it was alright if we named our baby Emerson haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.