4/11/12

2nd Ward

Living in Othello has never been my dream.  I said that I would never ever live here and than life happened, Jason and I moved in with his parents and I got pregnant.  Nine months passed by quickly and we were desperate for our own space and a place to bring home our son.  We bought a home on Hemlock from Jason's uncle and moved in.
I am a whiner.  I tend to not be grateful quickly and often need a reminder of how blessed I am.  I hated the house, everything about it except the fact that it was our own place.  I hated that everything was old and slowly Jason and I have been making improvements.  This isn't what the story is about.  One day the missionaries were next door and a stray dog came into our yard so we asked them if this dog belonged to any one in the apartments next door.  The missionaries came over and we told them that we were members but we were only interested in going to church if it was 2nd ward because 3rd ward would be way too weird.  Lucky us we were right on the border.
I wasn't ready to go to church.  I wasn't ready to be judged by everybody.  So as we entered the church and I took a deep breath to properly prepare for the judgmental eyes and whispers we sat down in the very back row.  As soon as sacrament was over I wanted to run away and get out fast I didn't want to see everybody I didn't want to talk about how I wasn't married and be labeled.  We didn't get out.  So many people in the ward flooded us, asking questions, genuinely happy to see us there.  I am sure there was some judgement from someone but I didn't see it or feel it.  Jason Elliot and I were welcomed with open arms and love.
Ever since we have made amazing friends in the ward and are always enjoying the activities that are going on. I love this ward.  I owe this ward so much.  People are always inviting us to play dates, lunches, to go running, and movies.  I can't imagine my life without this ward because they saved me and my family.  They brought us back to the church.  I know that Heavenly Fathered led us to this ward because he knew that they would bring us home.  I am grateful for the spirit that they bring, the help they offer, and the friendships we have made.  2nd ward is the home that I have been looking for for a very long time in my life.  Thank you so much you will never know how much you helped us and how you made us an eternal family.  That moment in the sealing room I will never forget the room was packed full of all our friends from 2nd ward and the true amount of love we all felt that day.   As a wonderful little boy in my class prayed this Easter Sunday, "Heavenly Father please bless all the wanderers that they can find you".  I was a wanderer and this ward brought us back so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.