11/24/12

Thanksgiving and a long weekend

Thanksgiving this year was a little different but it was a lot of fun.  Jason and I took the boys to The Davenport Hotel for their incredibly delicious buffet.  We ate for two hours and Elliot was on his best behavior it was really a beautiful time.  It was so relaxing to be eating together as a family and to just enjoy one another's company.  I loved it and Jason did too, it was just nice to have our own Simmons Family Thanksgiving.
After the Davenport we went to Riverfront Square Park and wandered around, we showed Elliot the massive river that goes through and he was so impressed.  He kept saying, "Oh wow!  Waters!" It was a beautiful day to wander in the park and the water was flowing so beautifully   I spent most of the day reading a new book I had purchased, it felt incredible to read a book again just for fun.  Not worrying about classes or finals just doing something I completely enjoyed.   I forgot what that was like, haha.  After the park we drove home.
Once back in Othello we stopped by Jason's parents house and hung out with them for a little while.  It was nice to finish off the day surrounded by some family.  We came back home and crashed.
It has been really nice to have this four day weekend with Jason.  Friday we went to Wal-Mart and wandered the store for an hour and a half and left with literally four things....how did we spend that much time there I have ZERO idea.  After that we went and had lunch with the in-laws again and went to our wonderful friends the Robbins twin boys first birthday party.  It was so much fun.  The boys are so adorable and it was funny to see the differences in them.  Each boy went about eating their cake completely different and we were so glad to be surrounded by the Robbins family and feel right at home.  It was a wonderful party and right before we left they made seven layered dip--ummmm DELICIOUS!
Today has just been long.  We woke up in the middle of the night to Ned bleeding all over the place with his ear a complete mess.  Emily bit his ear a few months ago and every time it scabs over and almost heals Ned scratches off the scab.  This time was pretty bad and he kept shaking his ear spraying blood everywhere.  It was disgusting. Jason took Ned to the vet this morning and they got him all wrapped up. We have spent the rest of the day cleaning and relaxing as a family the perfect way to end this long day.
This is Ned at the vet this morning and oddly enough the only picture we have taken all weekend haha
I just wanted to end with something.  Thanksgiving is about family and although we spent our Thanksgiving with just us and our kids it was a wonderful time. I am grateful for my two beautiful healthy happy children.  I am grateful that I am able to forgive and move on with my life.  I am grateful for my husband and the blessing that he is to me and our boys every single day.  I am grateful for the gospel and everything that it has taught me.  I am grateful for the education that Jason and I are both seeking,  Lastly, I am grateful for the people who surround my life every day and make it better with their presence and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.