1/27/12

Mommy Mommy

Days like today are just so hard.  I love being a mom and I love spending time with Elliot but there are days that all I want to do is crawl into bed and not be a mommy.  Today was one of those days.  I think my day felt this way because Jason didn't stick to our schedule of keeping Elliot with him till he leaves for work, instead he put Elliot in bed with me with a movie on and juice.  Normally this is fine except for the fact that Elliot had a cookie that he decided half way through he didn't like and so I woke up with a cookie stuck in my hair.  The afternoon was pretty much the same Elliot was grumpy about anything and everything, the house was gross and needed a serious cleaning, laundry has somehow managed to take over again, and my bedroom that I just deep cleaned four days ago is disgusting once again from my husband and son.

The day was not all bad because on bad days I make sure I take special moments and enjoy time with Elliot.  On bad days I know I have to search for the fun part of being a mommy and luckily I have a son who helps me out with that sometimes.  We played lots of swords, guns, and scaring each other in the hallway.  We drove his red car around and he helped me do the dishes.  I love being a mommy and even on days where I want to throw the covers up over my head I know that if I didn't have this beautiful boy in my life I would feel so empty without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.