The past couple of weeks have been a little crazy at our house. Jason and I went shopping for a rug and didn't find one we liked so we ended up deciding to remodel our bathroom....how does that happen one might ask. Jason and I always do things on the random especially when it comes to house remodeling. The remodel started off great. We took down the bead board in the bathroom, trim, lights, toilet, took up the gross green linoleum, took out the make shift sink, and than we began getting ready!
I am not good at remodeling I expect things to go perfectly and when they do not go according to my plan I meltdown. It could be the pregnancy(we tend to only do these things when I am pregnant, fancy that huh?)but in the end this job was awful. The first night Jason installed some sticky flooring and the toilet when we woke up the next morning the bathroom was sloshy....the toilet leaked ALL night long onto the floor. Jason decided he hated the sticky flooring we had put in so it was off to the store. We figured out that Jason squished the wax ring down on the toilet to much and shut off the water. No toilet for the pregnant woman in the house is not the way to go in case you wondered, luckily we have two restaurants behind our house and they were kind enough to let me use the bathrooms there. Any way Jason installed some tiles and than placed grout onto them. They look fantastic! I just love how they turned out and can't wait to place them in the rest of the house. Any way next was re-installing the toilet Jason got the toilet on and that is when the problem started....the valve that connects the water to the toilet was leaking like crazy! Jason eventually got the leaking under control and we once again had a working toilet. Victories. Lastly we needed to install the sink and vanity which turned out to be a lot more difficult than we thought it was going to be...of course. The vanity was too tall for the water valves to fit through with the legs put on. Solution? Chop the legs! We got the legs cut and the vanity fit beautifully. Next was installing the faucet, another fun journey. The faucet fitting Jason purchased was actually meant for a pedestal sink and so we had to make it work. Luckily it came with three separate fittings and my father in law and Jason got everything working. Yes there were lots of leaking from the valves and replacing of nasty old pieces of pvc but eventually the job was done. I still need to take pictures but we still have small things we need to do like putting up a mirror in there and a few other things but overall the bathroom is fully functioning and I love it. The bathroom looks beautiful hurray for my amazing husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.